Thursday 25 October 2012

Not Enough Hours in the Day...

So this is another of my past projects that I thought you might like to see; one of my favourites, although creating it was a very long process!




Not Enough Hours in the Day





This was a project I created to convey the pressures women in the 21st Century feel; it was quite a personal project, at a time in my life when I felt very overwhelmed! To look perfect, to do well at work and at college, to be the perfect 'housewife' to my boyfriend in our new flat, and to keep up with my friends who all had blossoming careers and way more money that I did (and still do, unfortunately!).









So this was one of 5 compositions I created, using 5 different women with completely different lives, to show a typical day, using numbers, to convey how much is expected of us, and how impossible, and unnecessary, it is to maintain these standards.







I created the numbers and illustrations out of paper, which took a very long time - out of 5 compositions I have currently only finished one! - but I will definitely get around to finishing the others at some point.




 Would love to hear your thoughts and comments on any of my work.


Gem x




No comments:

Post a Comment